2011년 9월 27일 화요일

Utilitarian View

1. What would the utilitarian say about my cost-benefit analysis about school? Does it bring more pain or pleasure for me to go to school?
Utilitarian will say I need to place the importance in the 5 intangible things that i wrote for the cost-benefit analysis for going to school. Since intangible values will have far more long lasting values while costs will be more based on immediate values. Since utilitarian base importance in the thing that will bring more happiness to people it will surely focus more on intangible values. I think it brings more pleasure for me to go to school. Because benefits that i get out of the school outweighs the pain that I would gain from going to school. Since benefit will increase my happiness I could say that going to school will bring me more pleasure.


2. What would be an objection that the utilitarian have about placing a $ value on everything?
It fails to respect individual's right. Utilitarian will argue that placing five values on everything especially tangilbe things are not right. Since not everything can't be calculated based on money. Putting a price tag on everything will be wrong. 

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기